Thanks Suan.
There were 31 cranes at Visitor Center pool last Friday morning and, from
the Seneca Trail tower one can see the adult eagle incubating her egg(s?).
The bugling calls the cranes were making was worth the price of admission.
Sar
P.S. Come to my talk on the upcoming solar eclipse. Visitor Center on 4/6 @
11am.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024, 10:50 PM Suan Hsi Yong <suan.y...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Visitor Center has been hosting a dozen or more Sandhill Cranes, plus
> a good assortment of ducks. The wildlife drive does not open until April 1,
> so besides a short walk to the lookout platform, there's not much else to
> check out in the main entrance area. Other sites may be worth exploring
> (Esker Brook Trail, Tschache Pool, May's Point, Knox-Marsellus/East Road,
> and points northward), though I have not heard of any special sightings
> lately. Of course, you never know what may pop up from one day to the next
> during migration season.
>
> Down in the Cayuga Lake State Park parking lot, you can look for the
> Red-headed Woodpecker that has been hanging out all winter in the trees
> along the main road.
>
> Suan
>

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 5:09 PM James Gaffney <jgaff...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was thinking of going to montezeuma this week. Any input from the group
>> would be appreciated
>> Jim
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> --
>>
>> --
> Welcome and Basics
> <http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME.htm>
> Rules and Information
> <http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES.htm>
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> ABA <https://www.aba.org/birding-news/>
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!*

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")