I was wondering what is that people are talking about frisking!
I was wondering if birds are being frisked when they move territories or
cross boundaries :-)
I have learnt two new words (and uses) today "frisky and trundling"

Bradfield is visible from my building, but has not yet seen the peregrine.

May be I should take a walk, but dont have binoculars with me today!

Meena

At 02:14 PM 1/7/2010, Marie P Read wrote:
>These remind me too that when I was downtown yesterday I heard my first
>cardinal of the year singing (albeit a rather understated song and for
>just a few seconds).
>
>And yet, when I was in CT for Christmas (a bit farther south, it's true)
>the titmice, chickadees, cardinals, WB Nuthatches and Carolina Wrens were
>singing up a storm).
>
>Marie
>
> > It's time.  I heard a Tufted Titmouse singing this morning.  I'm
> > always amazed at how little change in day length it takes to get
> > their hormones flowing.
>
> > Kevin
> >
> > At 09:52 AM 1/7/2010, Robin Cisne wrote:
> >>Early this morning, walking down Vandermark Road in Brooktondale, I
> >>heard a Barred Owl hooting very insistently, over and over
> >>again.  Perhaps it was looking for company already, the very
> >>earliest harbinger of the coming spring?
> >>
> >>Robin
>
>Marie Read Wildlife Photography
>452 Ringwood Road
>Freeville NY  13068 USA
>
>Phone  607-539-6608
>e-mail   m...@cornell.edu
>
>http://www.marieread.com
>http://www.agpix.com/mari
>

>--

>Please submit your observations to eBird:
>http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>
>--

Meena Haribal
Boyce Thompson Institute
Ithaca NY 14850
phone 607 2541258
webpage:
http://meenaharibal.blogspot.com/

http://haribal.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/wildwest+trip+August+2007+.pdf
Current Loc: 42o 25' 44.48" N, 76o 28' 16.90" W Elev 816 ft or 248.7 m
Formerly: 19o 0' 41,65" N, 72o 51' 13.02" E Elev 33 ft or 10m