My wife Miyoko Chu took the morning off and gave me the wonderful surprise gift
of her birding company on this fine morning.  We spent two hours at the
Lindsay-Parsons Biodiversity Preserve, first scanning the swamp by the fire
station and then walking the trails.  It was Miyoko's first visit here in our
nine years of life in Ithaca.

Highlights include one NASHVILLE WARBLER (hedgerow by fire station), 3
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLERS (one on territory near first trail fork, one on
territory near Celia's Cup), 4+ YELLOW WARBLERS, one GREEN HERON (fire station
swamp), 5+ BROWN THRASHERS, a BLUE-HEADED VIREO in the woods above Celia's Cup,
a calling COMMON RAVEN, and many FIELD SPARROWS everywhere.

Mark Chao