Susan Barr and I headed out on Wilson Trail at 6:30 this morning then
over to the East Trail, with lots of low-lying mist, grey clouds and
drizzle. Despite the less-than-ideal conditions we saw 10 species
warblers, including CHESTNUT-SIDED, MAGNOLIA, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, BLACK
AND WHITE and COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. Most of these were in a single mixed
flock as we stood on the East Trail boardwalk. We also had lots of AM
REDSTARTS and ORIOLES around the main pond. Heard and saw HERMIT THRUSH,
WOOD THRUSH and NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH at varous points.As the sun broke
through the clouds at 9, we had some good looks at WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROWS, SWAMP SPARROWS, and  WARBLING VIREO in the area next to the
visitor parking lot.
Unlike Matt Medler's wild turkey escort, we were preceded along part of
the Wilson trail by one of the Great Blue Herons!

Colleen Richards