Just spent my lunchtime listening to the Baltimore Orioles who seem to be
nesting in one of the two oak trees right behind the Ezra Cornell statue.  The
male sings a very consistent, syncopated song, and then it sounds like the
female, in one of the trees, pipes short phrases of the same tune, right in
rhythm with his.  Very cool.  The echoes between the buildings make it hard to
tell exactly where they are, but I did see the male flying between the two oaks
several times.  It sounded like there are another singing down by Uris Library,
as well.

Nancy Dickinson
Johnson Art Museum