Cayugabirders,
I saw a few interesting birds at Myers Point in Lansing this morning.
A few shorebirds included Semipalmated Plover (2) and a flyby Dunlin.
The "one that got away" was a medium Sterna tern that *might* have
been an adult Arctic Tern that I watched pass from south to north
along the west side of Cayuga Lake.  The bird was medium gray below,
making it either a Common or Arctic Tern.  The wings appeared typical
for Arctic Tern to me (being of one generation without a molt limit
like adult Common Terns show, etc), but operating at the distance I
was viewing (half a mile to a mile), I couldn't be positive of the ID.
 The bird circled around Taughannock Falls SP for a few minutes and
headed up into the clouds.  A bit later, Chris Wood and Jessie Barry
had good views of 2 Common Terns at Miliken Station.
Given the rarity of Arctic Tern in the inland northeast (even though
this is the time of year to expect records) and my viewing
limitations, I'm going to call this one a Sterna sp.
Cheers,
Tom

--
Thomas Brodie Johnson