Around 8:00 yesterday evening on the Eastern Hgts Rec-Way I heard 4 WOOD THRUSH. They were in the area between the water tank and the gazebo. I'm assuming these are local birds, which would be indicative of an excellent breeding season up there on the hill. One bird in particular fascinated me. It continuously went through a most impressive repertoire of what might be called "guitar twanging". Most were single notes with occasional doublets, and every once in awhile it would briefly throw in the normal "flute" song. I stood there for a good 15 minutes enthralled by this bird's musical outpouring. I have never before heard a thrush perform like this. Has anyone else experienced a thrush doing this?

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes