Hi all,
I managed to another lunch time at Mundy.  I did come across the flock in
Pawpaw grove area. They stayed pretty much ± 100 ft radius. This seemed a
smaller group still about 25+ birds. I am not sure if yesterday's group left
and new arrived or some of them left and others arrived. Group composition was
different. Unfortunately I forgot bring my regular binocs so had to use 8x25
old Nikon pairs and birds seemed so tiny. It took some time to get adjusted to
sizes of the birds

Mostly consisted of Magnolias (many, once three of them in same binocular view)
Chestnut-sided (many)
Redstarts (at least three 1 male and two female or juvenile plumage, could have
been more too as I kept seeing them all the time)
Northern Parula (Seen twice at different locations but could be the same)
Ovenbird (jumped up to a tree branch from the ground and was surprise that it
has been disturbed!)
And other usual birds.

The local Red-eyed Vireo is feeding the hungry cowbird, which keeps begging for
more food.

Today morning when I came to work and was booting up the computer, a Pileated
Woodpecker seemed to have gotten lost, flew over USDA building, Vet school and
flew around bit in a circle, finally headed back to Mundy. Nice office bird.
I am still seeing Chimney Swifts in front of my office window.

meena

Meena Haribal
Boyce Thompson Institute
Ithaca NY 14850
Phone 607-254-1258
http://meenaharibal.blogspot.com/
http://haribal.org/
http://haribal.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/wildwest+trip+August+2007+.pdf<http://www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/http:/www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/mothsofithaca.htmlhttp:/haribal.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/wildwest+trip+August+2007+.pdf>