I heard a Great Horned Owl hoot briefly this morning at 0530 h.  It was
probably in the vicinity of the gate at the end of Juniper where it meets the
South Hill rail trail.  I have observed much concerted crowing of crows down
there over the past 10 days and have wondered if there was a big owl about.
There was this morning.

I was at Myers and Salt Pt. shortly after 6, saw gulls, mallards, mergansers,
spotties, Killdeer, etc., a well-dispersed case of Keystone Light MTs (the
devil's brew).  Absolutely no connection attributed to the latter but just as a
heads-up to the birding community I also observed much concerted deployment of
Canada Goose decoys off the points and heard some gunfire from the west shore.
A September goose hunting window opened today until until 9/25
(http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28496.html).

Best...Stuart