Hi all,

I was only able to listen for a short while last night, between 12:45 and 1 AM,
but there were many calls over my house in northeast Ithaca - and the ratio
seemed different from what Jay reported. In 15 minutes, I estimated 40 VEERIES,
only 5 SWAINSON'S THRUSHES, and one clear GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, plus about 20
warbler "zeeps." I must admit that each fall I am rusty on Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks in early September, so at least some of my "Veeries" may have been
grosbeaks (according to Jay et al's numbers) -- but there were definitely many
more Veeries than Swainson's in the time I was listening. I'm curious is others
have other results to report?

Hope to get out for a while later this evening,,

KEN
Ken Rosenberg
Director of Conservation Science
Cornell Lab of Ornithology