A late morning walk to the lake was very productive:
The KING EIDER is still in the mouth of Cayuga Inlet,
diving close on the west side of the white lighthouse jetty.
A flock of 16 TUNDRA SWANS flew over Cass Park, first
northbound, then over Treman Marine Park southbound,
later to the northwest toward Stewart Park, where there
was finally a total of 19 (including the previous family of 3)
swimming with the many CANADA GEESE.
In addition to the waterfowl which have been mentioned
recently, I saw a NORTHERN HARRIER female coursing
low over the field north of Treman marina thence away over
the lake.  On my way home I saw a second Northern Harrier,
this one an immature northbound over Cayuga Inlet.
Over West Hill I saw a dark ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK being
escorted away by an AMERICAN CROW.  Both these raptors
are new for my Luddite List.
I found a SONG SPARROW in a sprawling evergreen shrub
south of the Hangar Theatre entrance road.
I was not able to pick out the adult and juvenile Glaucous
Gull nor the adult Lesser Black-backed Gull which I scoped
from Stewart Park yesterday.