8 Common Redpolls showed up today at our feeders in Brooktondale---and on our Project FeederWatch day. And it's a good thing, because all the other birds we've been watching all week seem to have evaporated with the warmer weather.

We had a little excitement a few days ago when a Long-tailed Weasel (in its white "plumage" with black tip to tail) showed up in our shed. It was very curious and gave us great looks, even though my husband had unknowingly dumped out its cache of 5 dead mice in a bucket a few days previously, not realizing they belonged to someone. It apparently accepted his apologetic offering of a couple of chunks of suet in exchange.

--Sandy Podulka