Last wk. coming home from Ithaca, we saw thousands of Canadas & Snows all the
way to Union Springs. Since Fri. we've seen almost nothing except for a mere
handful (not weighed, BTW, Dave :>):>) ) going to & from the lake.

Now coming from Auburn just after full dark tonight was a whole different story
as far as crows were concerned. Daughter Becky had never seen "crow trees"
before but she sure did tonight. Amazingly, we saw NONE in the trees by the
prison wall where they used to congregate, but just across the arterial (5 &
20), the trees were all "leafed" out with crows. Dozens, if not hundreds, were
flying about looking for roosting spots. It's a sight to see, coming through
Auburn at midnight, or later, to see crows flying about as readily as in the
daytime ... & they aren't silent!!

Daughter, Becky, moved 3 wks. ago to a larger place out in the country with
about 100 acres of open field behind. Just put feeders out last wk.. Took about
4 days for birds to find the feeders but Becky  was thrilled this a.m. to see 3
DDs & titmice at the feeders. She had seen 13 turkeys in the field on New
Years. She & I saw a kestral nearby today. On Mon. I saw 3 bluebirds just past
Kathy Strickland's house. Here I saw the "resident" harrier in the field out
back. Crows were telling the world that a red-tail was in the tree but ignoring
the harrier. Poor mocker uses all his energy chasing starlings (mostly) from
the cedar/juniper trees.

Oh, I envy all you folks seeing the redpolls. We usually had many when we lived
in Dryden village.

Fritzie