On a walk around the Swan Pen and then through Jetty Woods this morning I came up with a few good birds. Both Yellow Warblers and Yellow-rumped Warblers were singing on the trail around the Pen, giving me a good chance to listen to the differences between their songs - which at times sounded quite similar. 4 Yellow Warblers, 4 Yellow-rumps, and 2 (eastern) Palm Warblers.

Over in Jetty Woods there was a pair of Rusty Blackbirds, just in from the pumphouse. The male was displaying to the female. Ringing out over all was a Carolina Wren. And moving from log to log in the wet channel just across from the Rustys was a Green Heron.

Bob McGuire