Miyoko Chu and I walked through Sapsucker Woods together on Friday morning
(7:55-8:50 AM).  Migrants were widely and rather sparsely scattered.  We
found BLACK-THROATED GREEN , BLACK-THROATED BLUE, YELLOW, YELLOW-RUMPED, and
NASHVILLE WARBLERS, a COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, OVENBIRDS, and NORTHERN
WATERTHRUSH, plus a YELLOW-THROATED VIREO, two BALTIMORE ORIOLES, and
others.  Most of the warblers were on the Dryden side near the long pool
with the shelter.  The Yellow-throated Vireo was near the intersection of
the Wilson and West Trails.

Around noon, I saw a untagged but banded crow (pink over aluminum, left leg)
fly into our yard, carrying what appeared to be two pizza crusts.  The crow
dropped them into a birdbath, let them soak for a couple of seconds, then
removed them and turned them on the grass for a few moments.  It repeated
this dipping and draining procedure, cawed twice (somehow as if quite
pleased), and then flew off to serve or consume its meal.

Q:  How does a corvid warm up cold pizza?

A:  In the mi-crow-ave.

Mark Chao