Dave Nutter and I found a very impressive variety of warblers on the Wilson
Trail North in Sapsucker Woods early Saturday morning (6:15-6:50 AM).  The
willow tree that towers over the Sherwood Platform held at least seven
warbler species all at once, including two BAY-BREASTED, one BLACKPOLL, a
BLACKBURNIAN, YELLOW-RUMPED, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, TENNESSEE, and AMERICAN
REDSTART.  We also found a female CAPE MAY WARBLER in the big flowering tree
by the second footbridge (this species loves this tree), a singing Tennessee
Warbler between this footbridge and the platform, and a couple of singing
NORTHERN WATERTHRUSHES that seem clearly to be migrants.  To top it all, we
saw a pair of ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS copulating for about seven seconds at
our eye level, about 10 meters away.

Best wishes to all today, especially volunteers and attendees at the Lab's
celebration of International Migratory Bird Day.

Mark Chao