The boon of boreal birds continues in Sapsucker Woods on Sunday morning,
apparently with a slightly different species mix from yesterday.  I birded
first with Jane Graves (6:30-7:00 AM), then John Greenly's SFO group and
Laurie Ray, then the Lab's public morning bird walk led by Jill Vaughan and
Tom Cowing.  Though I had intended also to go into the woods to find
Swainson's and Gray-cheeked Thrushes (I feel nearly certain that they're in
there today), I ended up never leaving the Wilson Trail North.  Rain was
posing a bit of a challenge by the time I left at 8:30.

The collective warbler species count just on this trail is at least 16,
including the following.

MOURNING WARBLER (1 singing and chipping rather frequently around second
footbridge; eventual excellent views with John's group)

MAGNOLIA WARBLER (5+)

CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER (5+, including one singing mostly alternate song by
second footbridge)

BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER (5+; hard to find any spots on trail where song wasn't
nearby)

BAY-BREASTED WARBLER (1 M and 1 F together at first split in trail; eventual
excellent views)

BLACKPOLL WARBLER (5+; song as ubiquitous as Blackburnian's)

BLUE-WINGED WARBLER (between second footbridge and Sherwood Platform)

TENNESSEE WARBLER (1 seen; surprisingly, none heard)

NASHVILLE WARBLER (1 heard in Fuller Wetlands by John's group and me)

OVENBIRD (brief but dazzling close view shared with Jane at bend in trail
after second footbridge; I think this bird was a passage migrant)

NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH (north edge of pond; also a probable passage migrant)

CANADA WARBLER (1+ heard singing at aforementioned bend in trail; it was
very close, but Jane and I somehow managed to miss seeing it)

plus the usual abundant Yellow Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers (now down in
numbers to about 6), American Redstarts, and Common Yellowthroats.

Yellow-throated Vireo continues to sing along the south edge of the pond.
(Congratulations to Greg Lawrence on his "vireo sweep" yesterday in
Sapsucker Woods, as well as his other impressive finds!)

Finally, to add to yesterday's prodigious Tennessee Warbler totals from the
Hawthorn Orchard and other locations, I'll note that I also heard this
species on Saturday at Tutelo Park and Cass Park in Ithaca.  I imagine that
one could find them all over town even today.

Mark Chao