Had a few minutes on the Wilson Trail after lunch - best bird was a Wilson Warbler working the shrubs just north of the foot bridge on the branch of the Wilson Trail that is closer to the wetlands - very cooperative and visible bird. Also, with others, saw a YB Sapsucker completely flattened out, wings spread & head forward with mouth open, lying on the board walk to the Owens Observation Platform. He flew away after awhile and started drilling on a tree, so apparently he was sunbathing. The feathers on his head seemed damp, so maybe he had bathed and was drying himself in the sun?

The sweetest sighting was a tiny faun, lying no more than 8' from the Wilson Trail. I had stopped for a Canada Goose family to cross the trail and the faun suddenly stood up on his (very long & spindly) legs, teetered there for a moment, and then curled up and went (back to?) sleep. Had he not stood up, I never would have seen him - he was well-camouflaged and incredibly small, his body no bigger than a house cat's although his legs were longer - and the cute factor was off the chart.

                            Alicia