I was at the Prothonotary spot Tuesday for a while, and don't recall hearing
Acadian Fly.  Eastern Phoebe has fooled me in the past, where I was sure I was
hearing Acadian but tried to get a look just to see it was an Empid but found a
Phoebe instead.  Later I discovered the sound was on the Stokes CD at 0:26 and
0:29 sec. into the E. Phoebe recording.  When coming from a ravine where either
species might be expected, it sounds very much like Acadian IMHO.

Having said all this, there was an Acadian at Tifft NP in Buffalo that held
territory in a marshy Willow Fly type habitat. The bird was found by Dean
DiTomasso in May 2010 and I believe continued calling into the summer months.
I checked on it periodically and it was obviously holding territory in
unexpected habitat but probably never found a mate.  So.....I'm all up for
their being an Acadian at Armitage Rd!

I also looked for the Yellow-headed Blackbird on Tuesday between 10-11am and
2-3pm but saw no signs.  Back at Armitage I heard a Black-billed Cuckoo singing
what I would consider the characteristic song.

I'll add to the Mississippi Kite rumors - at 1:15pm Wednesday I saw a distant
bird from Derby Hill that I took to be either Peregrine or MK.  It was just too
far and too briefly seen to say for sure given my limited experience with MK.
Over at Oswego Harbor there was a strong cold wind and about 1000 gulls (80/20
Ring-billed to Herring) but I could find no rarities.

David Wheeler
Oswego County