Hi all,

I and several others from the Birding Club at Cornell (Julia Gillis, Brendan
Fogarty, Graham Montgomery, Teresa Pegan, and Ben Barkley) birded Montezuma
for while today. Our highlights include the Greater White-fronted Goose at
the Visitor Center in the large flock of Canadas along with the Snow x
Canada Goose hybrid. The only shorebirds were both yellowlegs, 5
Black-bellied Plovers, and a Semipalmated Sandpiper along the wildlife
drive.

May's Point Pool had three Long-billed Dowitcher along with both yellowlegs,
several Bald Eagles, and the expected assortment of ducks.

We also had the avocet from East Road, along with 10 Sandhill Cranes and 6
flyover Am. Pipits. However, the most surprising bird was ON East Road: a
Ruffed Grouse directly in front of our car as we pulled up to the parking
lot!

Good birding,

--Hope Batcheller
Petersburgh/Ithaca, NY