Highlight (and last bird seen before coming back in from a quick lunch walk):

NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH (close long observation, 30' from gate to back door of
Lab, foraging at pond edge)
yellowish-white breast, heavy streaking on breast and sides; distinct white
eyebrow, characteristic slight but constant tail-bobbing, silent, foraging,
10-20' from me and tolerant as I stood still or moved forward slowly; legs did
not seem as long as the first one I saw some years ago which at the time I
thought was a small mutant Robin with freakishly long legs!

YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERs (numerous, foraging and landing on sticks in back pond,
landed on shrubs and sang at end of platform about 8' from me)
RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDs
COMMON GRACKLE
YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERs (2 fighting aerial grapple, others flying to perches
along the path)
MALLARD pair
CANADA GOOSEs
PIED-BILLED GREBEs (2 on pond near each other)
COMMON MERGANSER M flyover
AMERICAN ROBINs
EUROPEAN STARLINGs
NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWs (several over pond from platform)
TREE SWALLOWs (hunting with RWSW)
BELTED KINGFISHER F (landed quite close to me, so great observation, crest
erected, rattling)
WHITE-THROATED SPARROWs (numerous)
AMERICAN TREE SPARROW (one foraging in ground weeds)
NORTHERN CARDINAL
GREAT BLUE HERON (on big snag)
BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE
HOUSE FINCH
RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER
NORTHERN FLICKER
TUFTED TITMOUSE
AMERICAN GOLDFINCH
BROWN-HEADED COWBIRD
AMERICAN CROW

No Kinglets today at platform, many yesterday.
Another birder (coming from South Wilson) reported a single Hermit Thrush and
Veery, Yellow Warbler and more Yellow-rumped but I didn't have time to take the
'long' road back. In which case I would not have got the Waterthrush!

Chris Pelkie
Research Analyst
Bioacoustics Research Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology