Hi everyone,

The LONG-EARED OWL is still here at Simsbury Drive (8:40 AM).  About a dozen
people have come and enjoyed the bird so far.  Viewing is from about 40
meters away.  Most of the bird's front is quite visible, as are the ear
tufts, but alas, there is a very inconvenient leaf blocking views of the
owl's face and eyes most of the time.  Viewing has been clearest and most
exciting when the bird is being mobbed by songbirds or checked out by
squirrels, twice face to face within an inch or two.  In these latter
instances, the owl has turned its head straight up, or even past vertical,
and fluffed its body like a displaying tom turkey.  Mostly, though, the view
is of a resting shape in the shadows.

I realize that despite my excitement, hourly is too frequent for me to post.
I'll definitely post again if the owl leaves, but you can assume it's here
and that the previously-posted viewing invitation still applies, unless I
inform you otherwise.

Mark Chao