At the Ithaca Christmas Bird Count compilation on New Year's Day Kevin McGowan mentioned that there didn't appear to be a single big crow roost in Ithaca so far this winter. Now at the end of the first week of January Mark Chao reports a pair copulating (3 months early?). However not all crow signs point to skipping winter. On this past Wednesday, January 4, at 4:28pm as I drove through the intersection of South Aurora St (NYS-96B) and Prospect St (also NYS-96B) at the base of South Hill near the Commons I saw a stream of crows flying southwest as if bound for a winter roost or pre-roost gathering. I haven't noticed the phenomenon before or since this winter, but haven't tried hard.