Well, how does one count the great numbers of redheads, canvasbacks, blacks &
whatever else is in the huge, huge raft of feathers between Firelane 20 & 25
along Rte. 90?? There we saw the largest concentration of canvasbacks I have
seen in a very long time. Dave Wheeler also commented about the large numbers
he, & we, saw on the 10th. When the wicked storm front began to come from the
west, tremendous numbers more of canvasbacks absolutely poured in from the
north from very high in the skies!

John, Becky & I stopped about 4 p.m. back the new road south of the RR tracks
that cross 90. It goes back to a new development but dead ends (if you turn
left as you near the lake) with no turn around except on private property. I
personally think our welcome would wear out if many people did that. Besides,
best viewing really is just straight in to the west where you can look down
onto the lake. Because of soft mud at the area next to the lake & the road
being steep & freshly stoned over soft dirt, I recommend not going past the
intersection.

Many hundreds of swans were north of the (Cayuga) RR on the west side when we
went by about 11:30 a.m.. Saw none when we came back home.

We also stopped at Twin Oaks where we saw only a downy & again, the mink on the
ice in the little marina, diving into the water quite regularly looking for a
meal.

The eagle was on the nest at Mud Lock. A pair of bluebirds were checking out
our birdboxes this a.m. in the lovely sunshine.

I am very humbled by those of you that helped me wipe the egg off my face.
Thank you! You're a precious, wonderful lot of folks.

Blessings,

Fritzie