I also had high-flying birds over my house in Ithaca this afternoon -- 5
BROAD-WINGS, 1 OSPREY, 1 TV, 15 DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS, and 1 COMMON LOON.
The raptors were all streaming towards the NE but the cormorants and loon
started out due north and then veered visibly towards the west -- it seems that
I get birds that have headed over Mt. Pleasant perhaps and then see the lake
and head NW -- that's what the geese and gulls and previous loon I've seen seem
to be doing.

Also a YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER passing through my yard.

KEN

Ken Rosenberg
Director of Conservation Science
Cornell Lab of Ornithology