I walked the Wilson Trail after work. I didn't find many of the great birds
reported today, but did see my first R.T. HUMMINGBIRD and ALDER FLYCATCHER
calling just before the first house on the curve with the crazy stop sign.

Gary

On May 11, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Matthew Medler wrote:

I spent a bit of time out on the Wilson Trail North this morning, and will add
a singing TENNESSEE WARBLER to the day's warbler list at Sapsucker Woods. I'll
also note that this species, like most of our North American "Vermivora"s, is
now actually in the genus Oreothlypis. (Sorry, Chris.)

Matt Medler
Ithaca

________________________________
From: Mark Chao <markc...@imt.org<mailto:markc...@imt.org>>
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L@cornell.edu<mailto:CAYUGABIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:58 AM
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Sapsucker Woods, Wed 5/11

As expected at this peak time, many birders were out in Sapsucker Woods today,
each finding a slightly different mix of species.  The cumulative warbler tally
for the day is 18+ species, several of which I missed.

YELLOW WARBLER
MAGNOLIA WARBLER (1 by lone bench south of Sherwood Platform)
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER (several throughout, including one female)
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER (one on Wilson North, one south of Podell Boardwalk)
CAPE MAY WARBLER (two at bend in Wilson Trail North after second footbridge,
found by Chris Wood, Tom Schulenberg, Steve Kelling, and a fourth gentleman)
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER (3+ all around Wilson Trail)
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER
PALM WARBLER (1 south of feeder garden, seen by Mary Winston)
BAY-BREASTED WARBLER (as Kevin Ripka reported)
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER (also found by Kevin)
AMERICAN REDSTART
NASHVILLE WARBLER (1 by lone bench)
NORTHERN PARULA (4+ all around Wilson Trail)
OVENBIRD (several throughout)
NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH (1+ migrant by green pool west of Wilson Trail near
Sherwood, plus birds on territory along Woodleton Boardwalk)
WILSON’S WARBLER (lone feeder and also lone bench along Wilson Trail)
CANADA WARBLER (between Sherwood Platform and lone bench)
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT

YELLOW-THROATED VIREO and RUSTY BLACKBIRD both continue to sing at intersection
of Wilson and West Trails.  It is also an unusually good day to watch EASTERN
KINGBIRDS (7+), which put on quite a show brawling with each other in the
treetops.

Mark Chao

Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail