With George's permission, I have placed two of his images of the Northern
Saw-whet Owl onto my 2011 Hawthorn Orchard Picasa Album. It turns out that
this was quite the serendipitous sighting - George was in the right spot at
the right time. The bird flew in and landed. He captured these stills. This
was a life bird for George and a new addition to the species list for the
Hawthorn Orchard. Thank you, George!

George's two pictures are here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/cth4th/2011HawthornOrchardBirds#560888979311682
5298

https://picasaweb.google.com/cth4th/2011HawthornOrchardBirds#560888979443215
3298

Kind of wonder if this bird is breeding nearby.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--

Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes

TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer

Bioacoustics Research Program, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, New York 14850

W: 607-254-2418   M: 607-351-5740   F: 607-254-1132

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp