Birders,

      FYI  a posting from Idaho Conservation League about mining claims:

<http://www.idahoconservation.org/blog/mining-claims-wildlife-as-well-as-gold>http://www.idahoconservation.org/blog/mining-claims-wildlife-as-well-as-gold

Also, I have read the ethics discussion with great interest and found
it edifying.
I apologize if I offended my fellow birders.
Perhaps I have been reading too much research on Environmental Crime
and Organized Crime.
I value the bird list and appreciate birders' postings.

If research indicates play-backs have no significant impact on birds,
that is good to hear.
Thanks to all for the thoughtful discussion.
Hopefully birders will continue to be the advocates and protectors of
birds and their habitats.

Regi