I know this isn't Cayuga basin however: Yesterday, while in a Louisiana
swamp, I watched a couple of "blackbirds" harassing a black vulture. One of
the harassers actually alighted on the vulture's back and "vulture surfed"
for about 200 meters. Couldn't tell the species for sure from a distance
but lots of red-winged blackbirds and starlings around.  Thought someone
might be interested.