I don't know when official results come out, but here are some unofficial
results of the 2012 Montezuma Muckrace run this weekend.  Wind and rain
Saturday morning made it a hard slog, but more teams than ever competed and
completed the competition.   My apologies, but I don't remember the whole list
of people who won, placed, or showed (?, shown?) in all categories.  Below are
an Ithaca-biased subset that I remember.

Competitive Category.
1st Place - The Gallinagos - Chris Tessaglia-Hymes, Kevin McGowan, Jay McGowan,
and Gerard Phillips  (sponsored by the Cayuga Bird Club); 135 species
2nd Place - Three-eyed Raven (Game of Thrones TV reference, I am told; it was a
crow in the book) - Hope Bachelor, Tim Lenz, Andy Johnson , Brad Walker, and
Ben (drat! I forgot his last name); 131 species
3rd Place - The Wind Birders, from I believe Rochester and Buffalo (Bob Spahn's
team); 111 species

Recreational Category
1st Place - The Plucky Mucksters team - Bob McGuire, Susan Danskin, Ann
Mitchell, Dave Nutter, Gary Kohlenberg, John Confer and Linda Orkin; 104
species  (sponsored by the Cayuga Bird Club)

Low Carbon Category  (Man, it was an awful day to be a low-carbonite, only on
foot or bike!  We got it from one of the soggy L-C participants that the
suckiness factor was HUGE.)
3rd Place - The Thunder Chickens - Pete Marchetto, Katie Marchetto, and Kristin
Hodge; 53 species  (Turned out this was the most competitive category with, I
think, 2nd place with 56 species and 1st with 58.)

Kevin