I was just looking in the field across the road from our house and noted
about a dozen crows really going after what I initially thought was another
crow.  This bird was slightly smaller than the crows, but otherwise looked,
from a distance, just like them.  The crows forced it to the ground;  2
crows then stood on either side of it while the rest circled and cawed
directly overhead and "bombed" it.  It then flew and I noted the under wing
pattern like a turkey vulture.  The bird was definitely not a vulture.  I
have not seen crows go after anything with this intensity unless it was a
great horned owl.  Could it have been a kite of some kind?  They all flew
rapidly off to the SE before I could get the scope.

Steve Fast

Brooktondale