Yesterday afternoon, a male COOPER'S HAWK swooped past our feeders, then
chased a couple small birds around in a large honeysuckle bush adjacent.
The hawk then moved a bit to a small black walnut.  Watching it, I was
surprised to see a TUFTED TITMOUSE literally dancing around on a walnut
branch, barely 4' from the hawk.  Much open space between the two.  I
imagined the titmouse saying "nyah, nyah, can't get me".  The hawk stared at
this incredible act of bravado for perhaps 10 seconds, then flew off.
Imagine the story the titmouse will tell its grandchildren!

Steve Fast

Brooktondale