Just at sundown today, there were 3 Snow Buntings and 4 Horned Larks on the
grassy shoulder of Cayuga View Rd east of Trumansburg.  I often see some
there. Also, there was a male N.Harrier cruising the cornfield and it came
to rest on the corn stubble. Him I don't see often,  Or ever.

Yesterday, Shirley saw 2 E. Bluebirds in a euonymus bush in front of our
house.  Later, I saw one bluebird there as it flew in with 3 Juncos for
traveling companions.

We have 3 tube feeders for Niger seed.  The flock empties them in a day.
The flock consists of about 40 Goldfinches, 8 C.Redpolls, and a few Pine
Siskins.  A number of Tree Sparrows, Juncos, and Cardinals hang out beneath
the tubes and salvage the spill-over.  We saw fewer birds than that in our
sector for the Christmas Count.  Alas, we are not in the count circle.
Didn't see any swans either.

Bill and Shirley McAneny,  TBurg