About 11:40 this a.m., an adult Cooper's Hawk flew into our back yard and
perched on the lower rail of our fence.  Three crows (our resident family,
less one) were in attendance without the showy dramatics they go thru with
Red-Tails.  The crows sort of stalked around and got closer and closer to
Mr. Cooper.  He flew into a juniper next to the fence.  One crow peered into
the bush and the hawk flew to a low branch in an ash nearby.  He sat for a
while so Shirley and I could confirm his lineage (definitely not a Sharpie),
then flew out of sight towards the front of the house.

This is the first accipiter that we have seen in the yard  this winter, so
he was actually welcome, especially since he left our yard residents alone.

Bill and Shirley McAneny
TBURG