The Montezuma wildlife drive is open up to the spillway.  The water is all
frozen.  There were gulls sitting on the ice as well as two juvenile Bald
Eagles.  Other Bald Eagles were sitting on the far side of the river
silhouetted by the sun. I also spotted a Harrier checking out the marsh.  There
were also a few Red-Wing Blackbirds.  A FOS for me.  Still none at home.

 At Mud Lock lots of swans and ducks were leaving the lake.  One adult Bald
Eagle was sitting at the point near the new nest.  Another adult was down near
the dam.  It soon joined the first eagle.  Maybe it has found a new mate.
Another pair of adult Bald Eagles flew by the point.

At Tschake pool lots of Snow Geese flew over at a very high altitude, going
East.I didn't find any sitting at the Mucklands, though a large flock circled
low, but continued east.  On my way home I found a large flock of Snow Geese on
Stone School Rd., just west of Owasco Lake which afforded me some great
photographic opportunities.  On the opposite side of the road were a few Horned
Larks.

Sent from my iPad