Finally made it up to Morgan Road today on the way home from Oswego. About 18
folks were gathered to view the possible evening's flight. After several
distant possibilities and half the group leaving for Carncross Road, we headed
to our car where the 90-degree angle of the buildings funneled in the
distinctive bark of hunting owls. The remnant of 6 birders quickly relocated
and were treated to an up close fly-by and several minutes of watching two owls
flit back and forth over the field.
Many thanks to my husband for his last look and listen, which alerted us to the
owls.
Colleen Richards