Having read the guides, males in a flock of American Tree Sparrows at the
Stevenson Road Compost Facility are singing--- "in late winter before the
spring migration" (All About Birds) .  An unfamiliar song for me, but very
sweet.  The flock was hanging in the low shrubbery at the two-track that goes
north where the road into the mounds makes an abrupt right/east turn. I have
encountered a flock of 10+ along the drive several times this winter.

Not a glorious mass of goose and swan, but extremely spring-y!

Anne