Tuesday birding with Derby Hill Hawk Counter Steve Kolbe had many highlights.
Our first stop was Knox-Marsellus Marsh where we met up with Joe Brin and Jim
Tarolli.  Not much was really happening until a group of Canada Geese flew in
and Steve immediately picked out a Pink-footed Goose!!!!  We never saw the legs
(the bird was on the water) but there was nothing suspicious about it.

Numerous other stops found a general lack of the recent dabbling ducks.  The
north end of Cayuga Lake continues to be super-loaded, as seen from Harris
Park, Cayuga Lake State Park, and Lower Lake Rd.  Glare, distance, and heat
shimmer made it difficult to pick out anything unusual.  Snow Geese numbers are
down but there are still some left to go.

We saw the goose fairly close in but others may have better photos.  Here are
mine and Jim's.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22183060@N08/8594323682/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtarolli9/

David Wheeler