From: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:52 PM
To: Meena Madhav Haribal
Cc: Gary Kohlenberg; CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] May 19 unidentified call

Hi Meena,

Here's a similar good example from Xeno-Canto:

http://www.xeno-canto.org/50435 – Hooded Warbler alternate song.

This was my best guess for species, as well, because of the timbre of the call.
The rich ringing quality of the song in your recording is what tipped me off.
Hooded Warblers seem to carry through the woods quite well.

Incidentally, Xeno-Canto is a phenomenal resource for recorded songs, both as a
place to upload known bird songs to, and as a place to search for examples that
have already been posted there.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H