From: Mark Chao [mailto:markc...@imt.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:08 PM
To: 'Cayugabirds- L'
Subject: Sapsucker Woods, Th 9/5

Birding along the Wilson Trail North in Sapsucker Woods was quite excellent
on Thursday morning.  By moving rather quickly and making one repeat pass,
we found ourselves among seething flocks several times.  Highlights, shared
mostly with Stuart Krasnoff and Lynn and Frank Roman, include the following.

* At least one male HOODED WARBLER (seen at first trail split and bend in
trail past second footbridge - Tilden's life bird);

* 2+ male WILSON'S WARBLERS (several sightings)

* One or more dull CANADA WARBLERS (three sightings)

* 5+ BAY-BREASTED WARBLERS

* 2 BLACKPOLL WARBLERS

* 12+ MAGNOLIA WARBLERS (everywhere - could have been twice that many)

* 3+ CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLERS (including one probable adult male with strong
chestnut side streak)

* 2 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERS

* 1+ male BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLERS (two sightings, several calls heard)

* 1 male YELLOW WARBLER (one of the morning's bigger surprises)

* 6+ AMERICAN REDSTARTS

* probable PHILADELPHIA VIREO seen briefly by me only

* 1+ BLUE-HEADED VIREO (three sightings)

* 4+ WARBLING VIREOS (several sightings, song heard twice)

* many RED-EYED VIREOS

plus ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, CAROLINA WREN, a few SCARLET TANAGERS, a GREAT
CRESTED FLYCATCHER, and others.

Mark Chao