A strange eBay snafu involving a trident-wielding Santa in swim trunks, a
Yugoslav mortar and pestle, a catcher's mitt, and three mutual strangers on
two coasts compelled me to the Ithaca post office this afternoon.  Having
dispatched that business (which is actually much more boring than it might
sound) with surprisingly little wait, I had some free time.  So I decided to
look for birds behind the airport.  To my continued mild surprise, I again
found no Snowy Owls, but still I felt nicely rewarded with views of a
light-morph ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK at rest and in the air near the Snyder/Mohawk
intersection - my first encounter with this species this winter.

I also saw eight EASTERN BLUEBIRDS flying south over suburban northeast
Ithaca this morning.

Mark Chao

---
is active.