The EASTERN SCREECH-OWL didn't appear last Thursday and Friday during and
after the heavy snowfall, but otherwise we've seen it every day so far in
2014.  Yesterday, when the temperature was about zero degrees Fahrenheit,
the owl exited the box at about 5:20 PM.  Through our closed double-pane
window, Miyoko and I heard the owl trilling repeatedly at 11:30 PM.  And
late this morning, it basked in the sunshine and 14-degree chill -- a
perfect hemispheroid of feathers and trapped heat.

I've posted a few new photos at
https://plus.google.com/photos/114049026073343451957/albums/5291963262350115
713?banner=pwa.

Mark Chao