My question is not just about Osprey interactions, and potential Bald Eagle takeover, but also about food supply and about human interactions. I was surprised Ospreys used the platform at Treman with so many people and dogs around it, but the platform is at the center of the field, and the people and dogs stay on the perimeter path. At Stewart Park activities are more diverse and occur in many areas of the park. Where, for instance, are the fireworks set off? How much disruption would a music festival create? I'm not saying we shouldn't have one or more platform(s), but what placement(s) are most apt to succeed? And one aspect of success is the public seeing the Ospreys at the platform.
--Dave Nutter