After the wind died down & came from the south last night, I figured most of
the snows would have headed on north but at 3:45 p.m. I was astounded to see
the thousands of snows flying eastward from the lake, great nos. right over the
house & as far as I could see in all directions. At 4 p.m. even greater nos.
came. At 4:15 p.m., more came followed by the Canadas.

Then at 7 p.m. John came & told me to look. The geese were coming back to the
lake, wave after wave after wave, as far as we could see. I didn't think to
time how long it took for the sky to clear. This is our 22nd winter here.
We've seen tremendous nos. of Canadas over the yrs. but the nos. of snows
tonight surpassed them. I can't begin to think how many we saw today but surely
others would put the nos. at 100,000 & perhaps even higher. It was truly
unbelievable, esp. to think this is just one lake for the migrating flocks. The
snows in the pictures I saw posted on Facebook of a "take-off" at Canandaigua
Lake looked like a white wall that just went on & on.

Fritzie, Union Springs