I don't recall any reports of female REDWINGED BLACK BIRDs this spring.
Maybe it is just a memory problem on my part.  Or maybe nobody finds them
worth reporting. The reason for my interest at this time is that we just had
one at our feeders. There have been one or more males around the yard. But
this is the first female this year. It is like finding a new species because
they are so different from the males. Perhaps a couple of you could
enlighten me on what you have seen so far. Dave N, do you have a record of
the FOY this year?

Bill McAneny, TBurg