We had a bluebird box with six eggs. Looked in yesterday and saw one dead
nearly fledged bird and one egg. We assume that the others made it out of
the nest, but have not seen any around, nor the adults. However, saw about
eight larvae and two pupae  on the floor of the box.

Can anyone tell what the species might be? Have collected them and are
waiting for them to hatch.

What I might do to avoid these should they use the box again?

What harm do they cause?

We saw a Red-bellied Woodpecker looking in the box. Would it act as a
predator?
Cheers,
Richard Tkachuck