TMI on Seneca Falls and fairgrounds: There actually /is/ something
called the Seneca County Fairgrounds, but they have nothing to do with
the Lott Farms and in fact are in Waterloo, on the north edge of the
village off Swift Street.  Every year the Seneca County Fair is held
there in mid-July.  So far as I know there aren't any interesting birds
there although there are lots of sheds on the property so, who knows,
maybe Monk Parakeets have moved in!

The Lott Farms used to be a working farm but for the last 25 years or
so, it mostly has hosted Empire State Farm Days in early August each
year.  This is probably where the idea that it is a "fairgrounds" began,
but that is just a private arrangement between the NYS Potato Growers
Assn and the Lotts - Empire State Farm Days essentially is an
Agricultural Expo by businesses who want to sell farming related stuff.

Maybe the Lott Farm should be referred to by its own name to avoid
confusion, just in case Parakeets do invade the real Seneca County
Fairgrounds?

Alicia