Belatedly, I wanted to note that when I found it last week, it was happily
lurking amidst the gulls on the point. It was completely hidden by them as they
are 3x bigger than it and when clustered together made a complete wall.
Then, it is also the same color as the beach rocks. It has been animatedly
foraging so watch for moving beach rocks!

After scanning the gulls a couple times, then looking away for a while, then
scanning them again, lo and behold, I saw a ‘not gull’ head pop up briefly and
knew I had found it.
A while later, they flew off and gave nice scope views (it didn’t come as close
as for some other observers and I didn’t want to fright it off, so I stayed 50’
away).

So, keep trying, but it has been there for a while and may have finally beefed
up for the next leg of migration.

ChrisP

Chris Pelkie
Information/Data Manager; IT Support