I had better luck this evening at Long Point Winery than several nights ago at
Scofield Road. I parked at the crest of the hill just west of the winery
building, and at 17:42 a Short-eared Owl flew up from the lower vineyard and
passed me pretty low and close. It crossed in front of my car and headed NE,
quickly disappearing from view in the gathering darkness. I didn't see any
others, but I could hear them barking back down in the vineyard, so I trust the
whole group is still present. Not so sure about the Lansing Short-ears... Is
anybody still seeing them?

-Geo Kloppel