From: bounce-118788770-15001...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-118788770-15001...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Mcaneny
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 10:46 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] "The Birds"

I have  a suspicion that our yard just became the set for the famous movie.
When I put seed out this am (about 8:30) a swarm of Bluejays (about 20) swept
in and attacked the breakfast while I was still standing about 5 feet away.
That's 2 to 3 times the usual number of jays.  Then a half hour ago, the Tippi
Hedron moment began as 300 crows swarmed into the trees around the house.  This
is a first for us.  The last of the crows just left (10:34). In the meantime,
half the flock flew down to the Boy Scout camp across rte 89.  Some lined up
along the shoulders of 89, just the way they have been doing for the past week
on Cayuga View Rd nearby.  None of the crows came in to our feeders the way all
the Bluejays did, although their behavior suggested they were hungry.
Well, I will let you all know when the gulls arrive and start pecking holes in
the doors.
Bill McAneny, TBurg
Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail